Pick of the Week is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Pick of the Week may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• contact information including email address and phone number
• demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather:
We collect this information in-order to understand you, the user’s needs and to provide you with a better service. In particular we may use the information in the following ways:
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, features, special offers, competitions or other information which we think you may find interesting.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email or phone. We may use the information you provide to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a piece of data that is stored on the user’s computer and is tied to information about the user. Pick of the Week only uses session cookies that are deleted from your computer when you leave the Pick of the Week website. Some cookies do stay on the hard drive so that your computer may be recognisable when you return to the site. Deactivating cookies is not recommended on the Pick of the Week website as certain functions can only be used when cookies are enabled.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. We cannot be held responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
1. Prize draws via Pick of the Week are open to residents of the UK, except employees of Pick of the Week or their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their families, agents or anyone else professionally associated with the draw.
2. Details regarding how to enter as published form part of the terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
3. Only one entry per person. Late, illegible, incomplete, or corrupt entries will not be accepted. The winner(s) will be drawn at random from all entries received by the closing date. If winning is dependent on answering a question correctly, then the winner(s) will be drawn at random from all correct entries received.
4. All entries must be received by the published closing date.
5. The winner(s) will be notified by email, or via Facebook and their name may be published on the website and on Facebook. The winner(s) will be notified within seven days of the published closing date of the prize draw. The prize will be delivered to the winner’s home address within 28 days of notification, unless the winner is notified otherwise. Prizes will not be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of contestants, illegal or otherwise.
6. The prizes are true to that of what is published on the website and on Facebook. The prize is subject to availability and to any stated restrictions. All prizes are non transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
7. The winner may be required to participate in publicity. Note that by entering into this competition you agree to have your name released as the winner, should you be drawn as a winner of the prize.
8. Events may occur that render the prize draw itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.